Skip to main content

Potty Training Sven: Day Three

Statistics

Number of accidents: 11
Times ended on the potty: 9
Times started on the potty: 3
Times self-initiated: 0
Times peed on Mom: 3
Ounces of Tang consumed: 36

Thoughts

It's a good thing today is over because sometime in the last hour I transformed from a rational being focused on a long-term (but achievable) goal into a raging maniac.  I'm frustrated beyond reason; three days of this and Sven appears to be learning the wrong lesson.  (Aka, "If I start to pee, Mom will whisk me off to the toilet and if I save back a few drops, I'll get a gummy bear!")  How many more days of this are yet to come?  I'm tired of being patient and upbeat.  What a change from yesterday!

The last straw was when, while jumping and peeing on the couch, Sven whacked me in the nose with a book and then Soren laughed maniacally about it.  The ungrateful wretches.  Maybe I'll just give up on this mothering thing and let them grow up to be crude, uneducated slobs that wet their pants every couple of hours.

I'll feel better about it tomorrow.

Comments

Oozaroo said…
Just wait, it's a little early for potty training. Waiting until they're three is so much easier.

But thanks for making me laugh!
Carolyn said…
Potty training later is definitely easier than potty training earlier. Soren was a piece of cake at almost three.

But then again, how do you judge the relative pain of early potty training vs. two kids in cloth diapers?
Katherine Wolf said…
I laughed aloud at this. Hope you're well!

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches

Milestone: New Syllable

This feels like such a silly thing to report about but it's got me tickled pink. Today Soren learned, what I feel, is the most important of all the English syllables: "ma". And it's about time. After months and months of hearing nothing but "da da da da" all day long, it's a refreshing change. I'm pretty sure that "da da" and "ma ma" don't correlate to anything in his mind yet. Still, he's that much closer to calling me his "mama" and I can't say the approximations don't warm my heart.