Skip to main content

Soren's Third Birthday

Today my first born son is three whole years old! Can you believe it? I can't. This is what we did to celebrate.

1. I woke Soren up by saying "Happy Birthday!" and told him that today was the day he was born. I told him that today he was three years old and we played a game to reinforce that. I would ask him, "How old are you?" and he would say "I'm three!" After a while, he started playing with different numbers or asking me how old I was. We both got a kick out of those permutations.

2. We had french toast for breakfast and allowed Soren to have unlimited syrup! It doesn't get much better than that.

2. We went to church. Today was Soren's last day in nursery and he had a great time, as usual. I think that's something he won't really like about being 3; he does love going to nursery.

3. When we got home, Soren put on his bran-new pretzels sweatshirt (from Nan) and Scott gave him the present he made for him: a hand-made wooden sword and cardboard shield. He loved that best of all and was fighting dragons all afternoon.

4. Later, he opened the rest of his presents. He got a really neat train set from his Grandma and Grandpa (Berg) and Candy Land from me.

5. Our family friends, the Kamosis, came to celebrate with us.

6. Soren and Uncle Jason (Kamosi)  set up his train set and had a blast.

7. We all played Candy Land. Soren enjoyed looking at the pictures on the board and distributing the cards more than playing according to the rules but he was starting to get the hang of it by the end.

8. We sang Happy Birthday and had chocolate cupcakes.

Comments

Hannah said…
I can't believe he is 3 either! That sounds like such a great birthday!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches

Milestone: New Syllable

This feels like such a silly thing to report about but it's got me tickled pink. Today Soren learned, what I feel, is the most important of all the English syllables: "ma". And it's about time. After months and months of hearing nothing but "da da da da" all day long, it's a refreshing change. I'm pretty sure that "da da" and "ma ma" don't correlate to anything in his mind yet. Still, he's that much closer to calling me his "mama" and I can't say the approximations don't warm my heart.