Skip to main content

Milestone: Stepping

So, Carl can totally walk.  I saw him do it last week.  He took five whole steps and then voluntarily sat down! He did it like it was no big deal but he hasn't improved since then.

I have tried bribing him. I used marshmallows to tempt him across the room but it only worked a few times before he decided the work was not worth the puny reward. This was surprising because I remember the marshmallows being a very convincing incentive for Soren.

Now he won't walk for anything. He won't even walk holding my fingers, which is something we used to do all the time. I'm sure he'll make the switch over eventually but it'll be interesting to see how, since he doesn't want to practice.

For now, he gets better and faster at crawling every day. And I have always found that to be an invaluable skill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

February 10 - 16

* I thoroughly enjoyed reading Skyward. * Soren beat Megaman 1 without dying. * Carl was swamped with art homework.  His teacher assigned him 5 mini-paintings, 30 gradients, and 1 shading. * Sven finished reading the Frog and Toad  treasury. * Leif talked a lot about wanting to make a friend. * Richard got to listen to lots and lots of read-a-louds.