Skip to main content

The Best Things About Sven (at 1 week)

1. His birth was awesome!  Story to come.
2. He has one pointy elf ear
3. and an inny belly button!
4. Sometimes he smiles in his sleep.  I know it's just gas but he looks really sweet.
5. He loves to cuddle and so do I.
6. He's warm
7. and he smells nice.
8. He likes to be carried in the sling, which is nice since we have been out and about a lot.
9. He really freaks out the cat.  It's hilarious.
10. He brings out a sweet side of Carl (who loves to gently touch his head),
11. Soren (who prayed last night that the baby would learn to read and write someday),
12. and his dad (who jumps up to walk him around whenever he fusses).
13. He is nursing well.  After a slow start, it is such a pleasure to see him chowing down.  I like it when he falls asleep and drools a little milk.  Awwww.
14. He has been really hardy from the get-go.  My mom commented over and over again on what a healthy baby he was and she's a nurse.  She would know.
15. He's so tiny!  I love his tiny feet,
16. his tiny hands,
17. and his tiny voice.
18. I like the faces he makes.  It's cute when he purses his lips and the pirate face makes me laugh.  (Of course, when we try to take a picture, he makes a hideous angry face.)
19. He has blonde hair, just like I hoped he would.
20. He's mine.  I love that.

Comments

mk said…
I love this, Carolyn. I wish I could snuggle him. I can't wait to hear the birth story!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches

February 10 - 16

* I thoroughly enjoyed reading Skyward. * Soren beat Megaman 1 without dying. * Carl was swamped with art homework.  His teacher assigned him 5 mini-paintings, 30 gradients, and 1 shading. * Sven finished reading the Frog and Toad  treasury. * Leif talked a lot about wanting to make a friend. * Richard got to listen to lots and lots of read-a-louds.