Skip to main content

Our Favorite Books

Carl's Favorite Books:
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!
Quick as a Cricket
Goodnight Moon
There's a Wocket in My Pocket
The Napping House
Where's My Cow?

Soren's Favorite Books:
Bread and Jam for Frances
Bedtime for Frances
The First Thousand Words in Chinese
Dinosaur Roar!
How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?
The Dangerous Alphabet
Fox in Socks
Yertle the Turtle
Green Eggs and Ham (known to him as Brother Lurch and the Mormon Church)
I Love you Stinky-Face
Patrick's Dinosaurs
Where the Wild Things Are
Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Milestone: New Syllable

This feels like such a silly thing to report about but it's got me tickled pink. Today Soren learned, what I feel, is the most important of all the English syllables: "ma". And it's about time. After months and months of hearing nothing but "da da da da" all day long, it's a refreshing change. I'm pretty sure that "da da" and "ma ma" don't correlate to anything in his mind yet. Still, he's that much closer to calling me his "mama" and I can't say the approximations don't warm my heart.

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches