Skip to main content

Soren's Talents

Soren is good at saying "please".
He has trouble saying "thank you".

Soren is good at going up the stairs.
He has trouble coming down.

Soren is good at sleeping through the night.
He has trouble taking naps.

Soren is good at keeping his toys in the tub.
He has trouble keeping the water in too.

Soren is good at identifying ducks.
He has trouble feeding them.

Soren is good at waiting resignedly.
He has trouble waiting quietly.

Soren is good at staying in one place.
He has trouble staying in one position.

Soren is good at drinking from an open cup.
He has trouble setting it down right-side up.

Soren is good at identifying food.
He has trouble identifying what is not food.

Soren is good at adapting to new people and places.
He has trouble adapting to a new timetable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Milestone: New Syllable

This feels like such a silly thing to report about but it's got me tickled pink. Today Soren learned, what I feel, is the most important of all the English syllables: "ma". And it's about time. After months and months of hearing nothing but "da da da da" all day long, it's a refreshing change. I'm pretty sure that "da da" and "ma ma" don't correlate to anything in his mind yet. Still, he's that much closer to calling me his "mama" and I can't say the approximations don't warm my heart.

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches