Skip to main content

Soren's tricks

Soren has a few tricks that are endlessly amusing to me, even if he doesn't know what he is doing. I don't want to forget what a clever boy he is, so I thought I should make a post about his clever little tricks. Maybe later I will try to get a video of some of them.

1. When I sing "If You're Happy and You Know It", he claps his hands. Sometimes he even does it at the appropriate pause in the song!

2. When I say, "high five!" and show him my palm, he gives me a (weak) high five.

3. When someone offers their cheek (and sometimes even their lips), Soren gives them a kiss. It's more like a face bump but I think it's really cute and relatives go wild about it.

4. This is a bran-new trick: When I sing "When We're Helping, We're Happy" Soren will put his legos away. I've been working on teaching him to help clean up for ... oh, probably six months now. And Scott's been making terrible fun of me but it is finally paying off! Of course, he thinks it's just a game, chucking the legos in the basket, and he wants to pull them right out again after the song is over but let's take this one step at a time.

5. When we pull his fake snakes out of the coffee table drawers, Soren goes "ssssssssss".

Isn't he the cleverest baby in the world?

Comments

Unknown said…
Very clever, very cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches

Milestone: New Syllable

This feels like such a silly thing to report about but it's got me tickled pink. Today Soren learned, what I feel, is the most important of all the English syllables: "ma". And it's about time. After months and months of hearing nothing but "da da da da" all day long, it's a refreshing change. I'm pretty sure that "da da" and "ma ma" don't correlate to anything in his mind yet. Still, he's that much closer to calling me his "mama" and I can't say the approximations don't warm my heart.