Skip to main content

The Cutest Thing

Today, while I took a bath, Soren played on the floor in the bathroom. He rummaged through a box of soaps, shampoos, and feminine hygiene products. He looked into the toilet and dipped his fingertips in the bowl. He pulled himself up on the lip of the tub and started splashing in the water. He played with the shower curtain, fingering it and listening to the muted crinkle.

Then, he looked at me, smiled, and pulled the shower curtain in front of his face.

My breath caught when he peeked his head out from around the curtain and giggled. He wobbled back into hiding behind the curtain. He was play peek-a-book--with me!

Comments

Jennie said…
I am sure he is going to be way too grown up when I see him next. :( He sounds too cute.

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Milestone: New Syllable

This feels like such a silly thing to report about but it's got me tickled pink. Today Soren learned, what I feel, is the most important of all the English syllables: "ma". And it's about time. After months and months of hearing nothing but "da da da da" all day long, it's a refreshing change. I'm pretty sure that "da da" and "ma ma" don't correlate to anything in his mind yet. Still, he's that much closer to calling me his "mama" and I can't say the approximations don't warm my heart.

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches