Skip to main content

Carl Speaks

OK, so we're all in the car and we've been there for a while.  Carl wants out and this is what he says:

CARL:  I want down!

ME:  Sorry, honey; I can't let you down in the car.  You have to stay in your seat.

CARL:  I want potty!  I want potty!

ME:  I don't think you know what that means.

CARL:  I want potty!

SCOTT:  He thinks it means pull the car over quick and run me into a restaurant.

CARL:  I want to peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ME:  Very funny.  That's not going to work.

CARL:  All dry.

SOREN:  Mommy, his underwear is dry!

Comments

mk said…
Hahahahaha I can't stop laughing over this one. I wish you'd told me in person. Hahaha.

Popular posts from this blog

Cake for Breakfast!

I was getting dressed when it suddenly got very quiet out in the living room. Soren had been contentedly babbling a moment ago and now it was silent. I'm sure you can imagine me, rushing half-panted down the hall, hoping nothing horrible had happened. At our last visit, my pediatrician filled my mind with horror stories of infant death; now gruesome scenes were flipping through my mind like a slide show on speed. Or like the scary tunnel in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". Expecting a disaster, I was relieved when this was what I saw in the living room: The night before, I'd left a slice of left-over cake on the arm chair. We'd had company and Soren had been in bed. When I'd forgotten it at the end of the evening, it had been far from my son's greedy grasp. But this morning, when it was still left behind, it was within easy baby reach and too unusual for him not to explore. No wonder he was so quiet! He'd been experimenting with an unk...

Milestone: New Syllable

This feels like such a silly thing to report about but it's got me tickled pink. Today Soren learned, what I feel, is the most important of all the English syllables: "ma". And it's about time. After months and months of hearing nothing but "da da da da" all day long, it's a refreshing change. I'm pretty sure that "da da" and "ma ma" don't correlate to anything in his mind yet. Still, he's that much closer to calling me his "mama" and I can't say the approximations don't warm my heart.

Birth Announcement

Sven Immanuel Duede March 7, 2013 at 3:56 am 8 pounds, 2 ounces and 22 inches